Becoming a great leader begins with connecting with you.
- Know who you are, what you stand for and what you believe in. Don’t just think you know, spend time finding out, and gathering evidence to support your findings. Commit your discoveries to paper. Live with them for a bit to see if they’re real. Change them if you find out something different.
- Your key values need to be reflected in how you behave, what you say and how you teach others. Is this happening? Find times when your values support your behaviour. Find times when your values were incongruent to the way you behaved. What was the impact of each of these? What can you learn from this…And what else?
- Articulate what you stand for, and do it often. This brings your beliefs and values into your consciousness. Find opportunities every single day to share with others who you are. Encourage them to do the same.
- Discover your real strengths. Look at your major accomplishments and achievements over the past 2 – 3 years, professionally and personally. Your real strengths will become obvious by doing this.
- Identify any weaknesses you have by looking at when you didn’t achieve what you set out to do. (Remember, without failure success is not possible). Identify people who have the skills you believe you lack or need to improve. Approach them to be your mentor and learn their success strategies.
Post a comment to let me know how these strategies work for you – I love hearing your stories.
Need some help in taking your leadership to the next level? Leave me your contact details and type “Next Level Leadership” in the comments box and I’ll be in touch!
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Leave A Comment